Last update: April 11.
If you have information that should be added to this page, contact the webmaster (Erica) via email or WhatsApp, or use the website contact form.
General safety information
Please see the March 24 mail forwarded to BFC-news, in summary:
- Toronto Buttonville Airport is classified as an essential service and will remain open, serving customers
- Pilots based at Buttonville: To assist with safety and social distancing with Flightline, please submit all fuel and service requests via phone or email, and respect the two hour request window (outlined in your aircraft accommodation agreement)
Please see the March 18 mail forwarded to BFC-news, in summary:
Please see the March 17 mail forwarded to BFC-news, in summary:
- Pilots based at Buttonville: the terminal is closed to the public. Flightline or Million Air can provide access to the terminal and main apron, if you do not have a security pass. Access to the south end of the field is via the gate. See the mail forwarded to bfc-news for more details.
- Pilots based at Oshawa: the terminal is closed to the public. Duty staff can provide access to the terminal and main apron. Access to the T-hangars is via the gate. See the mail forwarded to bfc-news for more details.
Returning to Canada
- [March 23] If you are a Canadian abroad, register with Global Affairs Canada so the government can send you information as it becomes available
- If you need to book a charter flight to return to Canada, contact FLYGTA (based out of Buttonville and Billy Bishop)
- You can return to Canada in a private or business aircraft, not subject to the restrictions on airlines, but you must undertake 14 days of self-isolation upon return (reference: see the letter forwarded to bfc-news from COPA president Bernard Gervais)
Cancellations and schedule changes
- [April 1] The April 8 BFC meeting has been cancelled
- [April 1] The Air Canada Operations Centre tours (April 20 & 28th) have been cancelled
- For the time being, Druxy's is closed and we will not gather there on Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Transport Canada's March 18 and April 15 aviation safety seminars have been cancelled
- This year's Girls Take Flight event at Oshawa, scheduled for April 25/26, has been cancelled
- Sun 'n Fun has been rescheduled from March 31-April 5, to May 5-10 -- see updates on flysnf.org
- For a list of airshow cancellations that is being actively updated, visit airshowstuff.com